Here are easy recipes you can do with your leftover turkey.
Super Easy Salad Recipes Using Leftover Turkey
Tortellini Turkey Salad
* 3 cups cut-up cooked turkey
* 2 cups deli marinated Italian vegetable salad, undrained
* ½ cup Caesar dressing
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon capers, drained, if desired
* 1 package (14 ounces) frozen precooked salad or tortellini, rinsed and drained
* shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
* freshly ground pepper (optional)
Mix all ingredients except tortellini in medium bowl. Add tortellini; toss. Serve with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Pesto Turkey and Pasta
* 3 cupsuncooked farfalle (bow-tie) pasta (6 ounces)
* 2 cups cubed turkey breast
* ½ cup pesto
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted red bell peppers
* Sliced ripe olives, if desired
Cook and drain pasta in 3-quart saucepan as directed on package.
Mix pasta, turkey, pesto, and bell peppers in saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until hot. Sprinkle with olives.
Turkey Couscous Salad
* 1 cup uncooked couscous
* ½ pound sliced cooked turkey breast, cut into 1/2 –inch strips
* 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
* ¾ cup plain yogurt
* ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook couscous as directed on package. Mix couscous, turkey, tomatoes, and olives in large bowl. Mix yogurt, mint, and vinegar; stir into couscous mixture. Top with cheese.
Turkey Sandwich Suggestions
Turkey Fajita Pitas
* ¼ cup thick-and-chunky salsa
* 4 pita breads (6 inches in diameter), cut in half to form pockets, you may also use burrito bread
* 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
* 1 small red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch strips
* ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
* 4 slices (1 ounce each) Monterey Jack
Spoon salsa into pita bread halves.
Top with turkey, bell pepper, onion, and cheese.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Curried Turkey Sandwiches
* 1 cup diced or cooked turkey
* 2/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
* ¼ cup sliced celery
* 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
* 1 tablespoon chutney
* ½ teaspoon curry powder
* 8 slices raisin bread, toasted if desired
Mix all ingredients except lettuce and bread. Place lettuce on 4 slices of bread. Spoon about 1/3 cup turkey mixture onto each slice. Top with remaining bread.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Leftover Turkey Soufflé
* 3 cups diced turkey or chicken
* 4 green onions, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup cooked rice
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1 can (10 oz.) chicken broth
* 1 small can condensed milk
* 4 slices of bread torn in small pieces
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
* ½ teaspoon herbed seasoning
* Grated cheese
Sauté green onions in butter. Combine eggs, broth, condensed milk, bread, parsley, and herbed seasoning.
In a baking dish, add to this damp mixture the sautéed onion, turkey, salt, and rice. Cover it generously with grated sharp cheese. Bake it at 350? for forty-five minutes.