Weddings must be memorable both for the couple and for the guests. While it is a traditional activity is some ways, there are some unique wedding ideas you can use both for the ceremony and the reception. Here are some suggestions:
Before the Ceremony
- Who says slide shows will have to wait until the reception. By all means, you can present a slideshow of your love story in the form of pictures or a video. This will give the waiting guests something to watch and it's also a great way to give a nice introduction before the formal ceremony starts
- On your printed program, you can a have a hand-drawn map of the places you have been to as a couple, or some trivia such as where you first met or other quotables.
- Make your processional more meaningful by using songs or music that reflects your personalities or for nostalgic reasons.
- As a substitute for bridesmaids' bouquets, let them hold something else. Pretty alternatives are silk or lace fans, parasols, or for evening weddings, a lantern with a battery operated candle inside. This will again be held during the recessional for a complete effect.
Instead of the usual pillow as a ring holder, opt for something thematic like a rose or lavender twig, a log, or something uniquely related to your taste. If your ring bearer is a toddler, better use fake rings or replicas
- Having an environmental themed wedding? If your setting is in your backyard, you can substitute candle lighting ceremony by planting a seedling of a tree and water them together by using a fancy watering vessel.
- In place of throwing rice at the end of the recessional, hand some ribbons of pinwheels to the guests (this works best in windy weather). It will look great on a photo, with the colorful ribbons or pinwheels symbolizing a joyous union.
These are just ideas to keep the ceremony out of the ordinary. You definitely can create other interesting and more personalized twists to the wedding rites.
More wedding ideas:
© Athena Goodlight 3/27/2013