Fish oil is a wonderful by-product of fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna and other deep sea fishes. The omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil are highly recommended by health-care professionals to be part of an individual’s diet. Omega-3 acids consist mainly of eicosapentaenoic acid or EPA and docosahexaenoic acid or DHA.
Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial in the body’s cell-building process. It is necessary to get them from our daily nourishment because the body is unable to produce this type of acid. Research revealed that Omega- 3 plays a substantial role in brain and fetal development during gestation andearly childhood. Among the numerous health benefits fish oil provides, the most evident ones are listed below: numerous health benefits.
• Fish oil helps improve brain development and memory. Low doses of DHA could decrease the risk of acquiring Alzheimer’s disease. Fish oil intake during pregnancy is likewise recommended. A research conducted at the University of Western Australia revealed that pregnant women who consumed fish oil supplements gave birth to babies who developed better hand and eye coordination, better speech skills and better cognitive development by the time the children reached the age of two and a half.
Apart from Alzheimer’s disease, fish oil can also help reduce the risk of other mental illnesses such as depression, dyspraxia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) among children, dyslexia, and bipolar disorder.
•Fish oil helps lessen the risk of heart attack. DHA and EPA are fatty acids that can fight bad cholesterol, triglycerides and hypertension. It aids in preventing blockages in the arteries therefore reducing the risks of coronary heart disease.
• Fish oil reduces the risk of cancer. Researches have shown that
• Fish oil reduces the painful effects caused by arthritis, lupus, colitis gastritis, and asthma due to its natural anti-inflammatory capabilities.
• Fish oil has multiple benefits during pregnancy and birth. Aside from helping the fetal brain development, it also reduces the risk of giving premature birth, postnatal depression for mothers, allergies among babies and low- birth weight. There are also preliminary studies showing that fish oil can promote fertility.
• Fish oil helps fight stress and improve total wellness. Because fish oil aids in the production of serotonin, the happy hormones, it helps a lot of individuals cope with stress and other emotional issues. It generally helps improve a individual’s emotional and mental disposition. Fish oil can also help rejuvenate skin, reduce wrinkles, promote weight loss and improve eyesight. Some even claim that fish oil helped reduce acne and made their hair look better.
Fish oil can help improve one’s health and appearance. However, medical doctors and experts advise to only take pharmaceutical grade fish oil supplements. Deep sea fish must also be taken in suitable amounts only. There are studies that show that too much fish consumption may lead to mercury contamination.