Green honeymoon planning incorporates several factors – perhaps more than you possibly know. Here are some tips to have an eco-friendly and green-themed honeymoon.
The honeymoon is a significant part of your wedding: it’s the perfect time to go through something novel with your partner, spending quality time with each other in your first days as husband and wife. Nonetheless, there are a couple of ways in which you will be able to do some green honeymoon preparation to help bring down its environmental effect, without sacrificing your dream honeymoon.
Set it up at home.
Eliminating travel entirely is otherwise the best wayto prevent a carbon footprint after your big day. There could be a wealth of unexplored locations almost on your doorstep, and going by train is the excellent eco friendly means to see them. Nonetheless, it’s understandable that you would not want to abandon a trip abroad. If this is the case then just follow a couple of more of the green honeymoon planning propositions here.
Consider the EcoTourism option.
You may have come across the word “ecotourism” before, and the “ecotourist” mark is now employed to represent those who want to travel but wish to do so in a sense that gets as little effect on the environment as possible.
The fact is, ecotourism is the quickest developing market in the tourism industry based on the World Tourism Organization, and this is good for you since many hotels and resorts are now integrating eco friendly practices in their business.
The Many Elements of Green Honeymoon Planning
Green honeymoon planning incorporates several factors – perhaps more than you possibly know. There are more things to take into account than simply getting there (which should not be, if at all possible, by plane), including:
* You’re destination (it doesn’t have to be the countryside, you may also pick out a “green” city),
* Where you’ll eat when you’re away,
* What you’ll eat (avoiding e.g. imported foods or endangered fish will cut down your impact),
* Where you’re going to stay (there is more and more eco accommodation cropping up all over the world),
* How you will travel once you are there,
* Where you are going to shop (hint: shop locally),
* The travel agent you’ll use to reserve the honeymoon,
* The way you will use to reach your
* Little things, like not having your sheets laundered each day, can make a huge difference,
* Whether you’re going to offset your carbon discharges while you travel,
* Whether you are going to do any domestic volunteer work when you are there (try WWOOFing – working on organic farms – and other schemes that do good the local area).
Tips on Booking Your Honeymoon
When you reserve your honeymoon, you will be able to make things much easier by employing an eco conscious travel agent who realizes your needs. They can assist you to book a package that would bring down the effect you have on the surroundings.
However, you constantly need to keep in mind that a lot of businesses lay claim to be green merely as a marketing maneuver, so do your research to assure that they genuinely do fulfill their promises.
You will discover that a lot of organizations are putting up a way to offset your carbon emissions by giving donations that will help to return to the environment. Even so, it’s important to know that this is a final resort, and several critics claim that offsetting your carbon won’t completely make up for the emissions you’ll create as part of your travels.
The fact is, it has been expressed that some companies may exaggerate the benefits of offsets, that is a different method of green washing. Particular projects, like renewable energy projects, might be worth more than others, so select your cause carefully – and keep in mind to avoid yielding the carbon as much as possible in advance.
Copyright © 2011 Athena Goodlight